The Factual Overview
There is a proposal by President Obama that will offer two years of community college tuition at no cost to the student. The actual price of a community college would be lowered to a zero amount due. This plan does include the following:
- Tuition-free classes for students going to school at least half time
- Required GPA of two point five average grade average or higher
- Required to make level and steady progress toward a degree or a transfer to a four year facility
- A student is guaranteed to receive two free years of courses at a community college if they maintain the above requirements.
This free college tuition proposal presents a good opportunity for approximately 40 percent of students that choose community college. This is a broad and wide range of individuals that would receive the opportunity to obtain an education and then obtain good employment. This includes the following groups:
- Young high school graduates
- Older and misplaced workers
- Single parents
When the student graduates they will receive many exceptional opportunities. They will be fully prepared for the new economy. This could be accomplished without the burden of a large debt.
» Read more